CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE SHOW
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW WITH ITUNES/GOOGLE READER/ZUNE
GET THE LATEST EPISODE AND A FULL ARCHIVE AT WWW.PAULANDSPIKE.COM
Sharing is caring! Download the whole show with Bit Torrent, via The Pirate Bay.
This week, our heroes are joined by (some of) the cast of popbunker.net, the internets' most pop culturally aware source for news, reviews and previews, commentary, trailers and oddities. Coop (twitter | website), Joey (twitter | website), Caveman (twitter | website) and Heather (twitter | website) drop by to discuss the cult of PopBunker, their week in stuff, and their picks for Over/Under. Why is the opening jingle there twice? Don't ask me...
0:00:00 It sounds like some potential bad news, as Spike sorts out his feelings for Paul. Paul, however, is more concerned about the lack of people using the Paul And Spike Show Google Wave experiment.
0:16:24 Yes! It's back! The week's current affairs, as seen through an oxycontin haze - Pickin' And Grinnin'!
0:18:40 Episode one of "A Very Special PopBunker". Not really. The gang are in, and what a Week In Stuff they've had!
- 0:30:24 - a simple WIS for birthday boy Caveman, he's been to see religious action movie "The Book Of Eli". *(Mel Gibson not included)
- 0:32:59 - Joey was blown away the trailer of vampire movie 'Daybreakers'. "But," he says, "like the vampires - the movie sucks." And no... they don't sparkle.
- 0:34:36 - Los Angeles geek girl comic book fan Heather's week was dominated by being kidnapped and made to read the first edition of "Ex Machina". Once freed, she was also able to enjoy Neil Gaiman's "Whatever Happened To The Caped Crusader" and Grant Morrison's "All Star Superman".
- 0:37:00 - Coop and Mrs Coop have been trying hard to kick their "Merlin" habit, plus Coop's been struggling with the titles of Ian Rankin's "Rebus" series and enjoying Denis Leary's book, only some of which is written in all caps.
- 0:41:47 - Following the review on last week's show, Paul and Mini-Paul enjoyed "Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs", and his Ebert-Of-The-Week was the salacious-sounding "Peeping Tom". Also, thanks to the fine folks at Book View Cafe, "Rocket Boy And The Geek Girls". Really.
- 0:45:21 - Spike's been overdosing on his comedy namesake Spike Milligan with episodes of "Q9" and "Milligan In...", and shook his head in anguish at the mainstreamocity of the Python-written "No, That's Me Over Here". But what a good idea for improving "Scotland's Winter Wonderland"...
0:51:50 The first Over/Under of the new year is a real head-scratcher. The concave-chested hipsters, the cast of PopBunker and the commentariat discuss their choices for most over-rated and most under-rated TV shows of the 1990s. Some surprising choices for Overs and some long-lost Unders. Thoughts? Agreements? Disagreements? The discussion doesn't have to stop at the copyright notice. Send an email to the usual address if you've got any thorts.
Want to contribute to the show? You're always welcome to; email The Usual Address, or follow twitter.com/spikester and/or at facebook.com/thespikester to find out about or suggest future topics.
Didn't the PopCul... PopBUNKER folks do an awesome job? Hey, if you've got something to promote? Something to get off your chest? Just want to hang out and talk rubbish? Well, if you fancy being a guest on the worldwide radio phenomenon known as The Paul And Spike Show, get in touch via the usual address.
The Paul And Spike Show airs weekly, every Friday night on the mighty Radio Six International, from 11pm UK time and 6pm US eastern time. It also airs on 88.5 World FM in Wellington New Zealand on Sunday afternoons, local time. You can listen online, wherever you are in the world. Check out the other great programming on both stations; Radio Six brings you specialist music shows and unsigned artists, plus drama and comedies. World FM's varied schedule includes the best in international news, and music from around the world. You might also hear us on shortwave anywhere in the world, via WBCQ's 5.110MHz and 9.330MHz frequencies, or on any of the other FM and AM stations across the world that carry Radio Six's quality programming.
We love feedback at the show, and there are plenty of ways to get in touch. You can email us at the usual address, or you can book our faces in the Paul And Spike Show Facegroup Book. Or leave a comment below. If you Twitter, you can befriend Spike here. Also, you can catch the Wave. Email with your Wave ID and our internet pixies will conference you in. Or whatever the hell it is you do with it to get people added.